Town of Amherst NH


Here are answers to some question that may help you find your way around the town hall and most of the rest of Amherst, NH.

  • Mosquito Control Frequently Asked Questions
  • How do I register my car?
    Automobiles are registered at the town clerk’s office in the town hall.
  • Where do I get a marriage license?
    Marriage licenses are also available from the town clerk’s office in the town hall.
  • How do I find the appraised value of my property?
    Find the assessment of your property at the assessments section of the Amherst Assessor’s page.
  • I need information about cable TV or I want to get connected to high speed internet.
    The Amherst Communication Infrastructure Committee can help with electronic communications matters in town.
  • How do I volunteer to be a member of a town commission or board?
    Members of most town boards and commissions are appointed by the Selectmen. Exceptions are boards like the school boards and board of Selectmen, who are elected, and the Ways and Means committee, which is appointed by the town moderator. The easiest way to learn what openings exist is to contact the committee chairman or chairwoman or to call Sharon Frydlo at the town hall (673-6041 x210)
  • How do I register my child for the Hartshorn summer day camp?
    Find information about the Hartshorn summer camp at the Peabody Mill Environmental Center web site.
  • How do I sign up for an Amherst Recreation program or activity?
    If someone wants to register for recreation programs they can register on the Recreation Department page, register in the Office (4 Cross Road) or by mail (Amherst Recreation, P.O. Box 960, Amherst, NH 03031).
  • How do I register to vote?
    Voter information is available at the Town Clerk’s office. You can register to vote there as well.
PDF Printer    Send article as PDF