HistorySchool ProgramsSummer ProgramsScience ActivitiesContact UsDirectionsVolunteer InformationFAQ’sTrail Map
Peabody Mill Environmental Center
Snowshoeing at PMEC
The Peabody Mill Environmental Center (PMEC) is an environmental and science education center which abuts almost 600 acres of Joe English conservation land. Located at the end of Brook Road in Amherst, New Hampshire, the PMEC is directed by the Amherst Recreation Department.
Mission Statement: The mission of PMEC is to foster an awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the natural world, by offering environmental, conservation, and science programs to all ages. PMEC strives to foster diligent stewardship of our environment so that future generations may inherit and continue to be inspired by the wonders of a protected and natural world.
Please visit www.amherstrec.org for our program schedule. Click here for the most up to date announcements on program cancellations.
Take advantage of on line registration at www.amherstrec.org. Questions? Call us at 603-673-1141 or 603-673-6248.
Birthday Celebrations: PMEC is excited to offer Birthday Celebrations. Children love our nature, craft, and “in the lab” themed parties. Click here or call us at 673-1141 for more info.
The Many Uses of Peabody Mill Environmental Center Include the Following
- Summer Day Programs
- Classroom nature programs
- School vacation programs with a nature education theme
- Educational workshops for homeowners, foresters
- Science and nature weekend programs geared for families
- Children’s Birthday Celebrations
- Snowshoe rental program
- Provider of resources and programs that can be taken into area schools
- Use by groups for educational purposes ie. seniors, art classes
- Limited use for small meetings for supporting organizations
- Assistance with scout troop badges
- Informational classes for homeowners
If you would like to plan a special program to meet the needs for your organization or for additional information on any of the above programs, call us at (603) 673-1141.
Last update: 01/31/2011 11:46:04