The Economic Development Department is the newest addition to the Office of Community Development and is an essential part of the daily office operations. The department works closely with the Souhegan Valley Chamber of Commerce and is happy to discuss any opportunities or suggestions to help the community retain its local business base and encourage others to locate here. Please check back for more information as the Department grows.
New ERZ Program: The Board of Selectmen endorsed and the State of NH has approved the creation of 4 new Economic Revitalization Zones in Amherst in the fall of 2012!
This great program offers individual businesses State Tax Credits towards their business profits and business enterprise taxes for investing in a designated Economic Revitalization Zone (ERZ). To qualify for credits the business must expand the communities commercial or industrial base through:
- Development of new buildings, or
- Investment in significant repairs or expansion of existing buildings, or
- Adding machinery and equipment, and
- Hiring new full time staff
The following maps depict the designated ERZ’s in Amherst.
If your business is located within one of these zones or you are interested in locating in Amherst please contact:
- Colleen Mailloux, AICP, Community Development Director at (603) 673-6041 x204 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Gary Chabot, Business Resource Specialist with the State of NH Division of Resources and Economics Development at (603) 271-2591 or email@example.com.
Check out the Available Commercial Properties Tour on Saturday, March 29, 2014!